MORIYA, TakashiAs of Apr 2020
Professor, Ritsumeikan University
Research on Human Resources and Labor Affairs, and
Research on Business Succession Education
- PhD. in Sociology, Ritsumeikan University, 2004.
- MA in Commerce, Kwansei Gakuin University, 1989.
- BA in Commerce, Kwansei Gakuin University, 1985.
- 2018-present: Vice President, Ritsumeikan University Business Inheritance College.
- 2017-2018: Vice Dean, College of Business Administration, Ritsumeikan University (Graduate School and Research)
- 2006-present: Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Ritsumeikan University
- 2005-2006: Dean of Business Administration, Nara Sangyo University (present Nara Gakuen University)
- 2000: Visiting Professor, University of Sheffield, UK
- 1999-2006: Professor, Nara Sangyo University (present Nara Gakuen University)
- 1994-1999: Assistant Professor, Nara Sangyo University (present Nara Gakuen University)
- 1992-1994: Full-time lecturer at Nara Sangyo University (present Nara Gakuen University)
Books and Chapters
- Moriya, Takashi (2020), "Training and Talent Management of Japanese 'Global' Talent in the Age of Human Resource Crisis: Prescriptions for Abandoned 'Japanese and Japanese Companies'", Koyo Shobo.
- Moriya,（eds.,） (2018), Human Resource Management in the Age of Value Creation, Minerva Shobo.
- Moriya, (eds .) (2016), "International Comparison of Active Female Company Directors: Promotion of Directors and Activating Management", Minerva Shobo.
- Moriya, (eds .) (2011), "International Students, Workers and Employment Issues in Japan: Globalization of Labor and Human Resources and Corporate and Management," in Koyo Shobo.
Journal Articles and Papers
- Moriya, T., "Japanese small and medium-sized enterprises with foreign human resources in 'working style reform' and the current situation and issue measures", Shoko Kinyu, Vol. 18, No. 33, 2019.
- Moriya, T., "Foreign workers' employment problems and improvement measures," Japan Labour Association Journal, No. 639,2018.
- Moriya, Takashi, " In Japan 'Global Human Resources' Nurturing Debate and the Problem of Accepting 'Foreign Advanced Human Resources'", Social Policy, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2016.
Academic Association Affiliations
- Former Director, the Japan Business Association
- Former editor-in-chief of the journal, the Japan Society of Human Resource Management (JSHRM)
- The Euro-Asia Management Studies Association (EAMSA)
- Society for Social Policy Studies
- Public career:
- Executive Director, National Council for Business College Education in Japan
- Public member of the Kyoto Prefectural Minimum Wage Council
- Chairman of the Technical Review Committee, Labor Bureau, Kyoto Prefecture
Research Projects & Papers
Cooperating with Asian human resources
Research Project » 2021FiscalYear » Asia-Pacific
Takashi MORIYA, Professor, College of Business Administration, Ritsumeikan University
This research focuses on Asian human resources of different nationalities (India, Vietnam, Singapore, etc.). Following the example of previous initiatives implemented overseas and in Japan, we will conduct a survey which will allow us to make recommendations for Japanese companies on how to improve their capacity to attract and cooperate with Asian talent.