SEKI, KazuhiroAs of Apr 2022
Professor, Konan University
Text analytics, Data science, Machine learning, and their application to real-world problems to develop intelligent information processing/management systems.
- Ph.D. in Information Science (Indiana University, Bloomington)
- Professor, Konan University, 2021-Present
- Associate Professor, Konan University, 2014-2021
Books and Chapters
- “Measuring Social Change Using Text Data: A Simple Distributional Approach.”
- Reconstruction of the Public Sphere in the Socially Mediated Age. Springer, pp. 139-164, November 2017. (with Takashi Kamihigashi and Masahiko Shibamoto.)
- “Statistical Anaphora Resolution for Japanese Zero Pronouns. ”
- Readings in Japanese Natural Language Processing. CSLI Publications, pp. 108-128, June 2016. (with Atsushi Fujii and Tetsuya Ishikawa.)
Journal Articles and Papers
- “News-based Business Sentiment and its Properties as an Economic Index. ”
- Information Processing & Management (IP&M), Vol. 59, No. 2, 102795, March 2022.
- (with Yusuke Ikuta and Yoichi Matsubayashi)
- “Cross-Lingual Text Similarity Exploiting Neural Machine Translation Models.” Journal of Information Science, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 404-418, June 2021.
- “Nowcasting Business Sentiment from Economic News Articles.” IPSJ Journal, Vol. 62, No. 5, pp. 1288-1297, May 2021. (In Japanese)
- (with Yusuke Ikuta)
Academic Association Affiliations
- Information Processing Society of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence