YAMORI, NobuyoshiAs of Apr 2021
Dean and Professor, Research Institute for Economics and Business Administration, Kobe University
- 1986 Shiga University BA in Economics
- 1988 Kobe University MA in Economics
- 1996 Nagoya University Ph.D. in Economics
- 1989-1990 Research Associate, Himeji Dokkyo University
- 1990-94 Assistant Professor, Himeji Dokkyo University
- 1994-95 Associate Professor, Himeji Dokkyo University
- 1995-96 Assistant Professor, Nagoya University
- 1996-2004 Associate Professor, Nagoya University
- 2004-2014, Professor, Nagoya University
- 2014-Present, Professor, Kobe University
- 2016-2021, Vice-Director, Research Institute for Economics and Business Administration, Kobe University
- 2021-Present, Dean, Research Institute for Economics and Business Administration, Kobe University
Journal Articles and Papers
- Yamori, N., "The relationship between domestic savings and investment: The Feldstein=Horioka test using Japanese regional data," June 1995, Economics Letters 48, 361-366.
- Yamori, N., "A note on the location choice of multinational banks: The case of Japanese financial institutions," Journal of Banking and Finance 22, January 1998, 109-120.
- Yamori,N., and Keishin Murakami, "Does bank relationship have an economic value? The effect of main bank failure on client firms" Economics Letters 65, October 1999, 115-120.
- Yamori, N. and Takeshi Kobayashi "Do Japanese Insurers Benefit from a Catastrophic Event? Market Reaction to the 1995 Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake" Journal of Japanese and International Economies 16, March 2002 pp.92-108.
- Mark Spiegel and Nobuyoshi Yamori, "The Evolution of Bank Resolution Policies in Japan: Evidence from Market Equity Values" Journal of Financial Research 27 (1), March 2004, pp.115-132.
- Mark Spiegel and Nobuyoshi Yamori, "Market Price Accounting and Depositor Discipline in Japanese Regional Banks," Journal of Banking and Finance 31 2007 pp.769-786.
- Jianjun Sun and Nobuyoshi Yamori, "Regional disparities and investment-cash flow sensitivity: Evidence from Chinese listed firms." Pacific Economic Review 14, 2009, pp.657-667.
- John Krainer, Mark Spiegel, and N. Yamori "Asset Price Persistence and Real Estate Market Illiquidity: Evidence from Japanese Land Values" Real Estate Economics 38(2), pp.171-196 Summer 2010.
- Hirofumi Uchida, Gregory F. Udell and Nobuyoshi Yamori, "Loan officers and relationship lending to SMEs" Journal of Financial Intermediation 21, pp.97-122, 2012.
- Jianjun Sun, Kozo Harimaya and Nobuyoshi Yamori, "Regional economic development, strategic investors, and efficiency of Chinese city commercial banks," Journal of Banking and Finance 37, pp1602-1611, 2013.
- Yamori, N., Kozo Harimaya, and Kei Tomimura, "The efficiency of Japanese financial cooperatives: An application of parametric distance functions," Journal of Economics and Business 94, November-December 2017, pp. 43-53
- Excellent Book Prize, Commerce and Industry General Institute, 2005.
- Excellence Research Prize, Kanpo Cultural Foundation, 2005.
- Excellence Research Prize, Japan Academic Society for Financial Planning. 2015