SHIMOJO, ShinjiAs of Mar 2021
Professor, Osaka University. Cybermedia Center
- Ph.D. Engineering Science, Osaka University (1986)
- 2015..4-Current Profeccor/Director, Cybermedia Center, Osaka University Advisor of Network Testbed R&D Promotion Center, NICT
- 2011.4-2015.3 Profeccor/Vice Director, Cybermedia Center, Osaka University Director of Network Testbed R&D Promotion Center, NICT
- 2008.4-2011.3 Executive Researcher/Director of Service Platform Architecture Research Center(SPARC), JGN2Plus
- 2007.8-2008.3 Vice Director of Cybermedia Center, Osaka University
- 2005.9-2007.8 Director of Cybermedia Center, Osaka University
- 2001-2005.8 Vice Director of Cybermedia Center/Professor, Osaka University
- 1999-2000 Professor, Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1991-1998 Associate Professor, Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1989-1991 Lecturer, Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1986-1989 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University.
- 1997 Feb.-Oct. Visiting scholar at the Dept. of Information Science, University of California, Irvine.
Journal Articles and Papers
- c) LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- 1. Mittal, M., Siriaraya, P., Lee, C., Kawai, Y., Yoshikawa, T. & Shimojo, S. 2019, "Accurate Spatial Mapping of Social Media Data with Physical Locations", Proceedings - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Big Data 2019, pp. 4113.
- 2. Yukonhiatou, C., Yoshihisa, T., Kawakami, T., Teranishi, Y. & Shimojo, S. 2019, "A method to reduce transaction time for real-time IoT applications", Journal of Information Processing, vol. 27, pp. 701-710.
- 3. Takahashi, K. , Date, S., Khureltulga, D. , Kido, Y., Yamanaka, H., Kawai, E., Shimojo, S., “UnisonFlow: A Software-Defined Coordination Mechanism for Message-Passing Communication and Computation,” IEEE Access, Volume 6, 21 April 2018, Pages 23372-23382.
- 4. Musa, A., Abe, T., Inoue, T., Hokari, H., Murashima, Y., Kido, Y., Date, S., Shimojo, S., Koshimura, S., Kobayashi, H. “A real-time Tsunami inundation forecast system using vector supercomputer SX-ACE”, Journal of Disaster Research, Volume 13, Issue 2, March 2018, Pages 234-244.
- 5. Teranishi, Y., Win, E.K., Yoshihisa, T., Shimojo, S. “A sensor data stream recovery scheme for event-driven IoT applications,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, GLOBECOM 2017 - Proceedings, 2018-January, pp. 1-6.
- 6. K. Ichikawa, P. U-Chupala, C. Huang, C. Nakasan, T. Liu, J. Chang, L. Ku, W. Tsai, J. Haga, H. Yamanaka, E. Kawai, Y. Kido, S. Date, S. Shimojo, P. Papadopoulos, M. Tsugawa, M. Collins, K. Jeong, R. Figueiredo, J. Fortes, “PRAGMA-ENT: An International SDN testbed for cyberinfrastructure in the Pacific Rim”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 29, no. 13, 2017.
- 7. Wong, L., Shimojo, S., Teranishi, Y., Yoshihisa, T., Haga, J.H., "Interactive museum exhibits with embedded systems: A use-case scenario," Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 29, no. 13, 2017.
- 8. Yamanaka, H., Kawai, E., Shimojo, S. , “AutoVFlow: Virtualization of large-scale wide-area OpenFlow networks,” Computer Communications 102, pp. 28-46, 2017.
Academic Association Affiliations
- Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ),
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
- member of the Science Council of Japan
Research Projects & Papers
Research Project » 2021FiscalYear » Japan and Kansai economy
Shinji SHIMOJO, Professor & Director of the Cybermedia Center, Osaka University
The COVID-19 pandemic exposed once again Japan’s slow digital transformation (DX), but it also created an opportunity to push for more digitalization in both the public and private sectors. This research identifies the challenges posed by the comprehensive digital transformation of cities, as well as their solutions. Our goal is to propose a “regulatory framework and its implementation procedure” that will ensure a more effective digital transformation in Kansai and Osaka.