SHIMOJO, ShinjiAs of Mar 2021
Professor, Osaka University. Cybermedia Center
- Ph.D. Engineering Science, Osaka University (1986)
- 2015..4-Current Profeccor/Director, Cybermedia Center, Osaka University Advisor of Network Testbed R&D Promotion Center, NICT
- 2011.4-2015.3 Profeccor/Vice Director, Cybermedia Center, Osaka University Director of Network Testbed R&D Promotion Center, NICT
- 2008.4-2011.3 Executive Researcher/Director of Service Platform Architecture Research Center(SPARC), JGN2Plus
- 2007.8-2008.3 Vice Director of Cybermedia Center, Osaka University
- 2005.9-2007.8 Director of Cybermedia Center, Osaka University
- 2001-2005.8 Vice Director of Cybermedia Center/Professor, Osaka University
- 1999-2000 Professor, Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1991-1998 Associate Professor, Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1989-1991 Lecturer, Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1986-1989 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University.
- 1997 Feb.-Oct. Visiting scholar at the Dept. of Information Science, University of California, Irvine.
Journal Articles and Papers
- c) LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- 1. Mittal, M., Siriaraya, P., Lee, C., Kawai, Y., Yoshikawa, T. & Shimojo, S. 2019, "Accurate Spatial Mapping of Social Media Data with Physical Locations", Proceedings - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Big Data 2019, pp. 4113.
- 2. Yukonhiatou, C., Yoshihisa, T., Kawakami, T., Teranishi, Y. & Shimojo, S. 2019, "A method to reduce transaction time for real-time IoT applications", Journal of Information Processing, vol. 27, pp. 701-710.
- 3. Takahashi, K. , Date, S., Khureltulga, D. , Kido, Y., Yamanaka, H., Kawai, E., Shimojo, S., “UnisonFlow: A Software-Defined Coordination Mechanism for Message-Passing Communication and Computation,” IEEE Access, Volume 6, 21 April 2018, Pages 23372-23382.
- 4. Musa, A., Abe, T., Inoue, T., Hokari, H., Murashima, Y., Kido, Y., Date, S., Shimojo, S., Koshimura, S., Kobayashi, H. “A real-time Tsunami inundation forecast system using vector supercomputer SX-ACE”, Journal of Disaster Research, Volume 13, Issue 2, March 2018, Pages 234-244.
- 5. Teranishi, Y., Win, E.K., Yoshihisa, T., Shimojo, S. “A sensor data stream recovery scheme for event-driven IoT applications,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, GLOBECOM 2017 - Proceedings, 2018-January, pp. 1-6.
- 6. K. Ichikawa, P. U-Chupala, C. Huang, C. Nakasan, T. Liu, J. Chang, L. Ku, W. Tsai, J. Haga, H. Yamanaka, E. Kawai, Y. Kido, S. Date, S. Shimojo, P. Papadopoulos, M. Tsugawa, M. Collins, K. Jeong, R. Figueiredo, J. Fortes, “PRAGMA-ENT: An International SDN testbed for cyberinfrastructure in the Pacific Rim”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 29, no. 13, 2017.
- 7. Wong, L., Shimojo, S., Teranishi, Y., Yoshihisa, T., Haga, J.H., "Interactive museum exhibits with embedded systems: A use-case scenario," Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 29, no. 13, 2017.
- 8. Yamanaka, H., Kawai, E., Shimojo, S. , “AutoVFlow: Virtualization of large-scale wide-area OpenFlow networks,” Computer Communications 102, pp. 28-46, 2017.
Academic Association Affiliations
- Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ),
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE)
- member of the Science Council of Japan